Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Prime Rib.


There is nothing closer to a man's desire than a
 juicy delicious Prime Rib. 
 Well, almost nothing.  :-)



First we cut the rib bones away from the meat.  
We'll tie them back on later because they add 
a ton of flavor to the meat while its cooking.




Here are the spices I have decided on for this yummy Father's Day roast.
The Everglades seasoning is something we picked up on our Florida vacation. 
 It has a strong but very nice sage taste.




Let's mix them up so we can hammer this prime rib with flavor!





Next we coat the meat with regular yellow mustard
that everyone has in the refrigerator. 



We will completely cover the meat with these spices.




Then we heavily salt and pepper the rib bones 
before tying them back on to the meat.



Back on the bone!




We tie it up tight!




And back into the refrigerator it goes 
to sit overnight and 
let the meat absorb those flavors.




The afternoon of the following day,
 its time to put it in the Grilla Pellet Smoker.
(www.mygrilla.com) 


We will set the grill for 275 degrees F.
We will be using American Hickory pellets.




This Maverick digital meat thermometer with remote unit 
makes cooking it to a perfect medium a breeze.
We will bring the meat temp to 140 degrees F.




Tell me this isn't making your mouth water!




Now we cut the butchers twine and prepare to carve
 this luscious smoky prime rib.




Cooked to perfection, exactly the way Connie and I like it.




Dinner is served!




The following day we vacuum pack 
the leftovers in meal size packages 
and into the freezer they go. 




The Food Saver works great 
and keeps food good in the freezer for up to 2 years.  
Not that this yummy food will last that long.




We had enough leftovers for nine more meals for two.  
We will be enjoying this prime rib 
for many meals to come.  
I hope you liked this Father's Day Prime Rib post.

Thank you for stopping by my blog 
 and 
please consider being a follower.

Steve
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I love how you seasoned the ribs and then tided them back on! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Serena, thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your latest post. What beautiful photography you do!!

      Delete
  2. I'm sat here stuffed after a Sunday roast and you blog post has still made me hungry! I love the idea of tieing it back to the bone - great way to keep the flavour. Do you make many seasoning mixes from stratch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Kev, my dry rubs are pretty much always a mixture of commercially available spices. Sounds like you ate as well as we did for Father's Day!

      Delete
  3. You sure can cook a prime rib. I really lucked out when I married a man that can put on an apron and cook up a storm. Keep the food coming sweetie. . . Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may not be building pianos, but you sure do beautiful woodwork. Love that motorcycle rocking chair.
    And your rib roast looks delicious. I don't make it much as mt dad's been gone a while, but it was his hands down favorite.
    Thanks for visiting and becoming a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice comment about my prime rib. Also thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your nice comment about my prime rib. Also thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  6. Well no wonder i don't have much talent, You and your wife have tons. Love and miss you both.

    ReplyDelete